Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Never Ending Self Improvement



Today was spent watching and learning as our integrative veterinarian evaluated my two mares Dove & Spice. Dr. Joanna Robson is amazing to watch as she combines the best methods of both Eastern and Western veterinary medicine. While she treated them with Acupuncture and Chiropractic Adjustments she also explained how I could provide massage, acupressure and homeopathic remedies between visits. Wonderful! Recently I have been studying McLaren's Photonic Torch information and was eager to understand how it can augment our treatments with Dr. Robson.

Both Dove & Spice not only enjoyed their treatments (yes even needle sensitive Dove) but they became more engaged with Dr Robson during their respective appointments. Interesting to watch as Dove had her ears pricked forward watching Dr. Robson's every move with anticipation. Spice was her usual wiggly unattentive self, until an adjustment or acupuncture needle proved it's worth to her and then she was suddenly quiet, still and almost contemplative.

When I arrived home I realized how tired I felt. Must have been brain drain from all that intense learning! I'll spend time these next few days soaking in what I learned. Now for a little feet up on the couch time!

If you'd like to learn more about Dr. Joanna Robson and her work in Integrated Soundness Solutions her website is: http://www.inspiritusequine.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment