Saturday, January 23, 2010

What a great way to start the year.


Again Dove was a true ROCKSTAR as we experimented with canter transitions and departures riding bareback. She was such fun as she also offered to push barrels and a ball! This girl has alot going on! Me on the other hand, well I watched the video and I am still leaning a tad forward when going into the canter, especially when asking for a left lead. Hmmmm...... but I was goofing with posting, surviving a spook, and laughing to boot. All around great session.


Then since I still had time I saddled up Spice and rode her up and down the road in front of my stalls. She was more interested in dinner that had just been served but she tried harder once she found I had cookies in my pocket. She is funny. She'll flip her head about when I ask for something but ultimately give it to me. Some day she'll realize that she is doing alot more work than me. ;)

All in all a great day. If only I had the time and energy to play with Chero it would have been perfect. He didn't seem to mind as he still had his head in his hay bag.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you put the relationship first. You clearly have goals and aspirations with your horses, but it sounds as if you're willing to expect a lot, but accept a little!

    Way to go!!!

    Kerrin Koetsier
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete