Saturday, June 26, 2010

The end of a fabulous month of learning

During this last week time flew by. Yesterday was our day of final exams. Although it was a long day I enjoyed the time spent testing whether my horse & I had progressed. I am pleased to say that we did! I now have a clear idea of the areas we will focus on when I get home. It's not a completely new list, however I have additional knowledge, insights and patterns to take home with me. The Fast Track has given me much to think about while I drive home with my friend Gala.

The most interesting part about yesterday's testing was how left brained my horse was at the end. She was done and was very clear and focused about her desire to get back to her pen. ;) I am excited to see how she is at home. Will she throw these same little tantrums at home? Or will she settle in and be more balanced? I think my leadership will make the difference as will my consistency. I know I can count on Miss Dove to give me feedback on how I am doing!

Another big take away for me from the Fast Track is how clear my horse wants me to be. At times she outright demands it. If I can setup my requests with great purpose she is much more apt to offer compliance. If I don't help her understand the purpose well..... she hesitates, or balks, or gets emotional. This will be my challenge- a clear, concise, focused plan with purpose.

Well friends we are ready to head home. First stop is Provo Utah where we hope to meet up with a friend who is taking the Fast Track in July. We will have much to compare in August!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to blog on your journey. Your thoughts and insights are fantastic. And inspire me. Your last comment about how clear your horse wants you to be resonates oh so much with me and my mare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, Thank you for taking the time and blog about your experience at the Parelli Campus! It was great to meet you...

    I will enjoy reading what will develop at home!

    Petra Christensen
    1Star Parelli Junior Instructor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Petra! I was such a pleasure to meet you too. You are so wonderfully supportive & positive. I do hope our paths cross again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I always like to hear that :-)
    Good luck!!!!

    Petra Christensen
    1Star Parelli Junior Instructor

    ReplyDelete