Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Having fun with Spice Girl

We had some sudden lovely weather the other day and I took advantage of it and played with my younger mare Spice. I will bring both Dove & Spice to Reno next month for a clinic with Trevor and Tara Carter so thought I'd better check out where our freestyle was at after a long wet and cold winter.

So here is a short video..... introducing, ...drum roll please.... no we need a bigger drum roll because she is..... my Drama Queen, Miss Spice!




It started to rain so we ended before I soaked my camera. It was a very interesting session. We tested various versions of our games to check for any Ya But's, Oh no's, and Yes M'ams.

I have a few items to discuss with Miss Spice but overall I was pleased with her change in attitude and willingness to stay present with me. Only 4 weeks to go until Reno!

Next sesson I'll bring my other helmet and go offroad! LOL



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely rounded back she has. You show GREAT savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL she sure rounded it up this session! She was pretty tame compared to what she can do when she sets her mind to it. I call it Mustang Ballet when she practises her "airs above ground." We spent a solid 35 - 40 minutes on pre-ride checks and she showed me she was done monkeying around. ;) If my helmet wasn't broken, I would have asked for some W/T transitions along the rail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to your helmet?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my helemt attached the the saddle and Cherokee got bothered and gave a few good bucks and a little plastic connector broke. I super glued it but it didn't hold so I cannot tighten it properly. That helmet is now in my "toy box."
    My other helmet was in the trailer at the time I was playing with Spice and I knew if I left her to go get it she'd get all worked up. So we played with the short rail and direct & indirect rein.

    ReplyDelete